Friday, April 30, 2010

Be Specific.

Ever since I can remember I always knew what I wanted to do. I always wanted to be a lawyer. Now, my major is Biology and I want to teach high school students. I really do not know why, something to deal with the effect my biology teacher had on me. I haven’t always wanted to do biology and I haven’t always wanted to be a lawyer. But between those to careers, there was always something. Something I was good at and wanted to do/share with someone else. My mom always told me I had to go to college and pursuit something I was good at and would make money for me. I haven’t always paid attention to the money part, but I have always pursued something I loved. I am thankful for my mom, because she always guided me in the right path. If it wasn’t for her, I might not ever think about my future, but she was the one that gave my conscience. If parents and teacher could target student’s interests and build on that, then students might be well off with what they are happy about. IN a previous post I talked about teaching styles, well if we used a teaching style that focused on what the student like more, then we could keep their focus more. Of course, they still need to be well-rounded, but since being in my major it is so nice to know that I have become so much more specialized in something I love. Sometimes I am surprised that I don’t spend all my time talking biology with people. I definitely think about it, but most people do not find interesting what I find interesting. Wouldn’t it be so much nicer to become specialized in something you like earlier on? Then you’d know sooner if you actually like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment