Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Distractions


Being in the digital age can be quite distraction. When doing anything homework related such as this assignment that I am doing right now, I always become distracted. The internet is full of distractions. Essentially when I am on my computer the distractions are so in my face. I feel that is one of the many reason for children not doing their full capacity on their school work. Of course there are other countries with the same distractions, but I feel as though Americans encourage these distractions because they are not discouraging them. With things like facebook, myspace, email, photos, youtube, ect. The possibilities are endless in terms of distractions. I’d rather do work for a class that doesn’t involve a computer because then at least I know I won’t get so distraction. What’s more difficult is that more and more you see people with internet on their phone. So now distractions can follow them. When you add these digital distractions along with other modern distractions and daily general distractions, we as American can get easily sidetracked. We blatantly, I feel, find things to distract ourselves with. Maybe that’s why we constantly are inventing new technology, just so we can be so entertained that we subconsciously want to do less work/responsibilities. There is a video that displays interesting statistics about how teens are consumed in the digital age: citation
**PHOTO IS TAKEN BY ME

No comments:

Post a Comment